Can you imagine being locked in a car without anyone hearing your pleas for help? Well, that’s what a poor little dog went through, but fortunately some policemen acted as his angels.
The dog was left by its owner in a vehicle for hours. Although the emergency was attended to by the officers, the most regrettable thing is to know that the scene is repeated more and more frequently.
The cops broke the glass to save a defenseless life
Despite the numerous campaigns and calls for attention that animal rights groups and authorities make to the population, there are many negligent owners who do not think twice about leaving their pets in cars.
Many creatures have lost their lives during that time that seems miniscule to the owners, because they think that their puppies can wait quietly while they do their shopping. But it turns out that it is not like that, our furry ones are terrified when living these kinds of experiences.
Many puppies even lose their lives this way.
Suffocation is the main risk that dogs suffer from being left in vehicles, due to poor air ventilation and the situation becomes more acute during the summer.
Therefore, the police of Clearwater, Florida, did not hesitate to go to the aid of a dog in distress.
A neighbor reported barking inside a car, presuming that there was a furry trapped inside. The car was parked in a parking lot and it took the uniformed men a few minutes to identify precisely where the animal was.
It must have been hours of anguish for the poor little dog.
The policemen were shocked to release the dog and realize how desperate and stressed he was.
The little dog desperately drank water, due to how suffocated he was from the heat that was hitting the city at that time.
Al parecer los dueños de este amiguito habían salido a disfrutar de la playa y dejaron al pobre allí dentro con la ventanilla a medio a abrir y un poco del vital líquido. Pero esto es insuficiente para prevenir el sofocamiento de un animalito.
The police had to act by force to rescue him.
Once at the scene, the policemen broke the window glass, knowing how dangerous it could be to delay the rescue for the dog’s life.
“It is safe to say that the temperature inside the vehicle was over 39 degrees while the dog was still inside,” the Police Department reported.
Once released, not only did they give him a drink, but one of the policemen sprayed water on the skin of the dog to lower its temperature. The poor creature was literally on the brink of collapse.
Although they carried out the rescue, the police could not keep the furry and therefore called the County Animal Control of Pinellas. They knew exactly what to do and immediately agreed to provide support in the case, since it was impossible for the dog to return to the care of its negligent owners after being released.
The action of these uniformed men arrived in a timely manner, as did the call from the citizen who decided to report on the situation. Just that simple gesture helped save the puppy’s life.
For its part, it is unknown whether the authorities will file criminal charges against the owners of the animal. Although it is known that in the United States this type of negligence is severely punished by law.
Although the future of the puppy is now uncertain, the good news is that he is alive and surely in the shelter they will be in charge of relocating him with a more responsible family. In addition, the furry must be grateful to the brave men who helped him out of that ordeal and gave him the opportunity to live again.
Good deeds always fill us with happiness, so do not hesitate to help a little animal in trouble or call the authorities to free it from any danger. They don’t deserve our selfishness!